Monday, May 18, 2009

Paris - The City of Lights

Hello everyone, I just got back from my epic trip to Paris yesterday. Let me tell you what we/I did:
Friday: We, meaning Yicete, Kristi, Sarah and I all walked to the Eiffel Tour. Then we all walked up to the second floor, and then we all took the elevator to the top floor, because you cannot walk the whole way. Then after the Eiffel Tour we walked to the Champs Elysees. Of course that was great, we saw the Arc de Triomphe, nice. Then we walked down the Champs Elysees planning on walking to the Louvre, instead we found an Andy Warhol exhibit at the National Gallery so we went and saw that. That was very very cool, not my favorite exhibit, but still good. And as some of us were waiting to leaving, I saw Grace Chensoff from high school walk out of the museum. Weird. Then we walked to the Louvre, but the Tuileries garden was closed for a demonstration/strike. So, we walked around to the garden and went to the Louvre, I still love that museum. I think it is one of my top 5 hands down, because other than that I can't say I have been to many exhibits. Then we walked passed the Notre Dame, it was closed, not a problem.
Satuday: We walked to go to the Luxembourg Garden and got breakfast on the way, amazing and simple of course. Then I got disconnected from the girls so I spent the rest of the day by myself. I walk out of the garden and went down this really awesome street called Rue du Seine, I highly rccommend going. Then I walked straight to the Notre Dame, and there was a festival of bread going on, so I got myself a little snack. Then I walked around some more. I walked to the Louvre, I didn't go in, but I walked around one of the sides with all of the hotels and shops. I walked around there for a while. Then I walked into the Tuileries garden and ate my little snack. Then I left the garden and went to the Musee d'Orsay. I LOVE it!!!! So amazing! They had a sculpture exhibit and it was amazing. Really, I love how sculptures really look alive. I love how with paintings you can paint in the texture but in sculptures you have to sculpt every curve and thus create the area of shadows that you want to be seen. Simply amazing. Then I was walking around, and got a hold of Kristi and found out the rest of the girls were going to the Notre Dame and I was on my way there oddly enough. So we met up, went inside, great! Then we walked back to the hostel and napped, then we went out to dinner. I have to say I had the most kick ass dinner, crispy roasted pork ribs with a honey glaze, try saying that ten times fast. Then we went back and went to bed.
Sunday: While the other girls went to the d'Orsay I went to see the Monet museum. I liked the water lilies they had a calming affect and were just very impressive. As for the rest of the museum, eh. And that is all I have to say. The girls were late on meeting up with my, but we walked the Tuileries garden, and then back to the Champs Elysees so Sarah could by a pair of shoes. We went into the Louis Vuitton store...wow. Then we did some other random stuff. But later that night we went and saw the Eiffel Tour light show, really really cool.
That's about it. I had a nice time. But now I am really excited for Budapest and that is because I found out that one of my really good friends from in high school, Kris McShea, will be in Budapest at the same time, so we are going to meet up! How fun is that!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment