Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Recap of Ireland.

Hello everyone! Let me start out by saying that Ireland is the greatest. I don't think I can say all I want to say without being extremely repetitive, but amazing. The people in Ireland are so so so so soooooo NICE!!!! They are easily some of the most welcoming and open people I have ever come across in my 19 years of life. But let me get more into detail.
SUNDAY:
Kristi and I woke up very early in the morning to catch our Wild Wicklow Tour. This tour brought us all around the Wicklow area of Ireland. It showed us where parts of Braveheart and PS I Love You were filmed. Absolutely beautiful. Then we went to this valley with two lakes between it called "Glendalough" (trust me on this one don't try and read the name because the -lough part sounds like the work lock). But this place was amazing! And the best part was...NO RAIN!!!!!! Wow! Crazy, I know. Then when we got back we went to the Temple Bar area and met some cool Irish people and had a fun time. Then came back to the hostel, kind of later, and went to bed.
MONDAY:
Kristi and I went and saw St. Patrick's Cathedral. And can you guess what I am going to say next? Amazing, you're right! Then we went on a tour of the Guinness factory. That was okay, I would have liked it more if there was a tour guide who talked more about the history, but there wasn't. After the Guinness factory we walked to the Jameson factory and got a tour there. But we only went on the tour after we had fish and chips from the cafe. Let me say, amazing! Then we took the tour and it was guided and it was really really interesting and quite enjoyable. Then we walked back to the hostel, and by this point it was kind of later. Well we got back and I was just beat, I hadn't had enough sleep the whole trip, so I told Kristi to go out with our two other suite mates so I could go to bed. I fell asleep at 9:30PM and woke up at 9AM...wow!
TUESDAY:
Walked to the Bald Barista coffee house and it was really good. I got myself an Irish breakfast tea, I mean what kind of girl would I be going all the way to Ireland and not getting tea? Then we walked to the jail and that took ages. Then we finally got there and realized that we wouldn't be able to go on a tour because it was to late and we would miss our bus for our trip home. So, instead we walked around the museum at the jail, very intersting.
But here are some photos of the trip, I hope you enjoy:









1 comment:

  1. It does look beautiful there, a nice Italian girl in Ireland! You almost looked irish there.

    ReplyDelete