Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oggi in Italy!

Allora, today was a great day. The ladies meaning: Lauren, Kristi, Jillian, Sarah and me. We walked from our dorm to our classroom at Via Val D'Aposa. Very nice walk, it took about 30 minutes. Then we learned that for the human rights film festival that we have to attend 12 hours of videos, so the trip to Dublino (yes that is Italian) might be out of the question but we can always hope! Then we got some lunch at the place next door to our classroom and headed off to Italian. Then we had out average grammar for 2 hours and then our break. Kristi, Jillian and I all decided to go and get some coffee. I got a macchiato and it was very good, it's hard to believe that I started to drink coffee out here, but after having a semi large lunch, coffee is a must. Then we went to back to our Italian class for our 2 hour speaking section, and really there is nothing I enjoy more than that class. I feel that my Italian is getting much when I am in that class, plus it is just really nice being able to talk to our teacher and have her help correct us. I feel like I have learned so much in the past 2 days alone, it's great! Then we got out of class early again so Kristi, Jillian and I all walked to get some veggies and fruit. I went and got some 12-year-old aceto balsamico di regione Emilia-Romagna, if you don't know what that is no worries it is balsamic vinaigrette. Then I got some tomatoes and we all decided to walk to our little store on Via Ugo Bassi (a very busy street) and then I got two small balls of mozzarella to go with my tomatoes. Then Kristi, Jillian and I all started to walk back to our dorm, but we stopped for some gelato, it was very good, not the best, but good. Then Jillian and I went to the Ipercoop, the local grocery store, and got some groceries. Then we came back and ate dinner, know I am writing this and preparing to start my Italian homework and then read my book until I fall asleep.

Here is just a tidbit:

The reason I spend a lot of time with Jillian and Kristi is because they are both in my two Italian classes.
Then walking consumes a large part of my day because everything is so close together.
And we have one class with a good amount of Italian girls, they were actually very nice, and I think that it caught all of us off guard.
Also, I bought Twilight the movie today on my comp, and when someone is beginning to feel even a little bit of homesickness we are going to watch it together, so Jillian and I have planned homesick day maybe Thursday or Friday.

That is all I can think of know, I hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying the spring weather. And if anybody would like me to mention anything in my posts just let me know, plus is you have and comments or questions you can always leave me a little note. 'Night for now. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment