Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Human Rights Film Festival

Okay, so today it rained...again! So, nothing really spectacular happened, at all, and I know that that sounds hard to believe because I am in Italy, but sadly when it rains it makes everything seem so unappealing. I really did want to travel today, but sadly though I had to go to the film festival, so hopefully Kristi and I will make it to Milano and Lake Como this weekend.

One the other hand, I went and saw two movies at the film festival, I was supposed to see three today, but I couldn't push myself to go. For school here we have to go see 12 hours of movies at the human rights film festival, and let me just say: A) this is no festival, they can barely fill up a whole theatre, B) show movies that are actually worth it, and C) don't make it so the films scream I was made with a budget of only $500. So, as you can probably tell I didn't like many of the films that I saw today, if you can even put it that way. The first movie that we went to, I fell asleep in, but don't make me seem like the bad guy, Kristi fell asleep to, it was a sad movie, but really I just couldn't stay awake for it. And the second movie that we watched was about the homeless people living in the desert of California. Basically a very weird film, made me more than thankful for the life that I have, but also made me realize that if you are homeless and you want to get out of your current situation, maybe and just maybe you should reconsider smoking like a chimney and drinking like a fish, because then you could save yourself a hell of a lot of money, and then could potentially by yourself at starter home, but that is only coming from a subjective point of view, I don't really want to get into this whole thing right now, but I hope you all get the gist of what I am trying to say.

Well, for now I hope everyone had a nice day. After the film festival a bunch of us walked back to the dorm and we then took the bus to go to this '80's party. We went to Bombocrep first, so don't you worry too much! But Lauren and I decided not to go to the '80's party, so we just hung out, and now I am typing this for you all. And if you are thinking to yourself, hey Gia I thought that you gave up crepes until the end of this week, well Jillian and I decided that we would give up anything with Nutella in it, so that is that. No more Nutella, because I am can't stand the idea anymore! Well 'night for not. Adios until later!

1 comment:

  1. Hola,

    You should buy a cheap bike and ride it into Bologna and lock it up and leave it there. So every-time you take the bus into town you have a bike to ride instead of walking around all day. A little trick i learned in Belgium over the summer. Make sure it is a cheap bikes so you don't care if it gets stolen. Hope you are having a blast!

    -Luca

    ReplyDelete