Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mohala!

Mohala everyone! Well, it was just another day in Bologna...well, not really. Over the weekend my teacher had an appendicitis and had to get her appendix out here in Italy. That can either stink to the high heavens or rock to the high heavens, well in terms of Italy's standards. Good thing here is that the University of Bologna has a huge pre-med teaching program, so this was a plus for Prof. Conley. On the other hand she did feel that her nurses and doctors were really pushy, but on the other hand she said that they all told her to not do anything for a week to just rest and take it easy. I completely agree, after surgery your immune system is shot trying to ward off infections to your incision, so relax and do just a little walking, you know around the house and stuff, but other then that, nothing. Sadly, being the hard headed and totally awesome teacher that Prof Con is, she is insisting on having class tomorrow, though it will be at her house. I still thoroughly disagree with this decision but I can't do anything about it. Then after visiting Prof Con at the hospital we all walked to our Italian class and to our surprise it was switched again to more people in our class. It is fun having more people in our class but I feel like I learn a lot less. Wow, totally need to mention this guy in our class names Hannes. Hannes is from I think the Netherlands, but dang that boy tall son!!! I am going to go with he's a good 6'6"-6'9", so basically a skyscraper compared to me. Well, then after class today Jillian, Kristi, and I all went to get some fresh fruit at the fruit stands. I got myself an eggplant, some kiwis, a lot of grapes, a good amount of blood oranges and a pouch of beets (oh yes I did say a pouch of beets). Then once we all got back to the dorm, Jillian and I decided to go to the Ipercoop to get some food for the week. So I got: a few pears, a couple handfuls of apples and a sack of lettuce. I was looking into getting a carton of eggs but sadly there were non there. But I got myself food for the rest of the week so I am set. Sadly though I had to say I'm no to going to the Cinque Terre this weekend. I have and will spend so much money on traveling to other places, that I need hold off just a little...so maybe I will take a 3 Euro train to Venice...PSYCH! But really I have no idea. On the other hand, mahola, and adios for now.

2 comments:

  1. she teaches our CORE class. And she basically is in charge of this whole thing while we are here.

    ReplyDelete